Smallholder Agricultural Productivity Restoration and Enhancement Project (SAPREP) –Implementation Assessment
The Third-Party Technical Review (TPTR) has the objective of tracking the implementation and the results of the components of the SAPREP, which is implemented by FAO and the Social Development Fund (SFD) as the main partner, in line with the Project Appraisal Document (PAD) and ensuring the social and environmental sustainability of the interventions, in line with the environmental and social management plan agreed between the World Bank and FAO.
A key objective of this assignment is to undertake independent results verification of subprojects and identified activities funded under the Project to report on the outputs, the restoration of services for the intended beneficiaries, communities’ consultations, and the fiduciary and safeguard processes. In other words, the objective of this project is to undertake technical, social, and environmental safeguards verification to deliver verifiable data to the FAO on the existence, quality, and progress of its projects through activity verification and output monitoring.
Our team carried out the following activities:
- Carried out physical, technical, and safeguard verification of project implementation of subprojects. This includes:
- Physical verification of deliverables and results
- Verifying the physical implementation of subprojects is in accordance with the signed contracts and the agreed social and environmental guidelines.
- Verification of community participation and verifying that completed subprojects are serving the community as envisioned (e.g., water is being delivered to subproject beneficiaries and is of reasonable quality).
- Verifying safeguards compliance and conformity with the environmental and social safeguards requirements per Project documents.
- Carrying out different types of TPM activities and perform independent verification of the SAPREP project in 21 pre-selected districts in seven governorates.
- Client Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Date January 1, 2018
- Tags Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation