Third Party Monitoring Agent Project: Yemen Emergency Crisis Response Project (YECRP)
The objective of this TPM is to assist The Yemen Emergency Crisis Response Project (YECRP) in accurately capturing, verifying, and cataloguing data on implemented activities. The specific objectives are:
- Asset verification;
- Quality of implementation in terms of selection, satisfaction, and delivery methods, as well as assessment of the immediate impact of the implemented activities;
- Fiduciary aspects of the implemented activities; and
- Assessment through various procedures.
Our work included:
- Verification and Monitoring of Project Output and Activities: To include (1) Reviewing progress made in achieving the activities and meeting the targets against the indicators; (2) Identifying constraints or obstacles that may be inhibiting project implementation; and (3) Verifying the accuracy of the implementing partners’ self-reported M&E information.
- Verification of Beneficiary Targeting and Accountability to Affected Populations: Our monitors assessed the quality of the beneficiary selection and targeting process by checking how the selection process was carried out, the vulnerability status of beneficiaries was verified, and how people at highest risk were finally prioritized.
- Carry out physical, technical, and safeguard verification of project implementation of subprojects. This includes:
- Physical verification of deliverables and results
- Verifying the physical implementation of subprojects in accordance with the signed contracts and the agreed social and environmental guidelines.
- Verification of community participation and verifying that completed subprojects are serving the community as envisioned (e.g., water is being delivered to subproject beneficiaries and is of reasonable quality).
- Verifying safeguards compliance and conformity with the environmental and social safeguards requirements per Project documents.
- Conducting various types of TPM activities and independent verification of the YECRP project in 13 pre-selected governorates (Taizz, Saa’da, Hodeida, Hajja, Aden, Abyan, Lahej, Shabwa, Al Jawf, Mareb, Ibb, Al-Dhalla and Dhamar).
- Client The United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Date January 16, 2018
- Tags Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation