Apex has long experience working with the IRBD and other donors on private sector development projects. Apex has conducted studies which explain and characterize private sector performance by providing a comprehensive description of the environment firms face as well as the public policy in which they operate, and the way the political economy of state-business relations may or may not constrain progress on formulating, articulating, and implementing reforms. Those results can then be used to develop a reform package specific to local needs.
Specific services that Apex has provided in this area are:
- In depth research including in depth interviews with public officials and private sector operators.
- Collection of Economic and enterprise statistics, wages, and various prices.
- Collecting information on industrial zones.
- Collecting information on the most important government programs in support of the private sector in each country.
- Identifying appropriate resources to prepare focused interviews.